Analyzes user requirements and business functions to prepare project plan for new applications or modifications to existing applications that contain a small to medium level scope. Designs, develops, tests, implements and maintains object-oriented applications to meet business requirements.
1) Responsible for the planning and development of small to medium sized .NET application projects throughout the entire Systems Development Life Cycle.
2) Serves as development resource to .NET Project Managers or .NET Architects on large scale projects involving Microsoft technologies through all phases of the System Development Life Cycle.
3) Understands object-oriented design patterns and applies them to applications or components developed using C# and .NET technologies.
4) Works directly with business users in requirements gathering to prepare detailed application specifications for new or existing applications.
5) Learns and assumes ownership in existing .NET applications as they need to be revised as or as problems arise.
6) Directs and conducts unit and functional testing to ensure that applications fulfill design requirements and are compliant with standards.
7) Participates in user-driven acceptance testing by documenting and performing test cases that follow the real world usage of the application. Works with business users to ensure they sign off on the proposed test cases and participate by performing them.
8) Supports and contributes to the team and department development processes, application architecture guidelines, .NET coding standards and strategies for automated unit testing, build management, workstation and server configuration and security.
9) Displays leadership skills and contributes to the team by mentoring other .NET developers and providing feedback in the design review and code review processes.
10) Participates in research and development projects that include new technologies, platforms, and automation.
11) Keeps current with existing and new technology in the Microsoft .NET development platform.
12) Responsible for on-call duties to provide application support during off hours as scheduled by manager. Serves as a backup for other on-call staff.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics or business.
Experience working within a .NET team environment with development process standards involving documentation, version control, build management and distributed architectures. Technologies used should include a combination of the following: Visual SourceSafe, Subversion, Mercurial, Git, nUnit, MSTest, nAnt, MSBuild and VSTS.
Proficient SQL skills with a minimum of 5 years Relational Database development focused in SQL Server.
Experience with Object-Oriented Programming within Service Oriented Architectures.