Primary ongoing responsibilities are to plan and manage the installation, configuration and monitoring of all network devices that exist in the Alex Lee network infrastructure. This includes network switches, routers, firewalls, network circuits, cellular technology and the servers and software that is used to monitor this infrastructure
1. Mantains organization's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing and managing
the organizations' network environment. This include both the companies' corporate environment as well as the wide area infrastructure
connecting our retail stores.
2. Works closely with other groups to provide seamless network infrastructure delivery and to provide expertise on the resources
required to support their applications within the network environment.
3. Continually monitors and documents the performance of the organizations corporate and wide area networks.
4. Coaches and assists team members with the installation, updating and management of both corporate firewalls, switches and store routers.
5. Coaches team members on the installation, support and management of the scripting that enables our stores to utilize cellular failover.
6. Coaches and assists team members with the support of the Cisco Security Management environment.
7. Coaches and assists team members with the installation, updating and management of the new infrastructure in our store remodels.
8. Works closely with our store project managers and vendors in the installation of the wiring infrastructure in our stores.
9. Works closely with vendors in designing and implementing new technologies to support our network infrastructure.
10. Develop, update, and communicate project plans including information such as project objectives, systems, and information specifications,
schedules, funding, and staff resources as needed to implement and support these environments.
11. Tracks network performance on all circuits in the infrastructure and proposes appropriate measures proactively.
12. Constantly communicates issues and solutions that impact applications runing within these environments.
13. Perform risk management planning, risk identification and mitigation.
14. Assists management in continually refining and improving the communications infrastructure by researching and introducing new standards, guidelines,
technical capabilities, and new work processes.
15. Assists other groups with the planning and implementation of new applications within the organization.
16. Document and drive issues through resolution, escalation to team members, vendors and IT management as necessary.
17. Ensures that infrastructure projects conform to departmental standards for quality, security, recoverability, efficiency, and design.
18. Actively participates in Change Management, project implementation reviews, and security design reveiws.
19. Defines and implements training resources for team members.
20. Work with management to develop infrastucture requirements and budgets.
21. Continually stays abreast of new technologies that could make our infrastructure more secure, efficient and effective and makes recommendations
based on extensive research.
1. Seven to Ten plus years of information technology network infrastructure experience.
2. Bachelor's degree in Computer Information Technology or related field
3. Any equivalent combination of experience, training, and/or education.